Welcome reception wedding suggestions
Summer Wedding: On a beautiful day you can have your drinks reception outside on the boat deck or patio areas or alternatively, inside in our lounge areas overlooking the ocean. Champagne or prosecco can be served with orange juice to make Bucks Fizz or with Crème de Cassis to make Kir Royale. A Pimms Cocktail, wine punch or simply a glass of wine served with complimentary savouries on arrival and maybe a beer or two.
Winter Wedding: There is nowhere nicer than Dunmore on a winter’s day with the waves crashing outside and roaring fires inside. Welcome your guests with a Hot Irish Whisky, Hot Port, Mulled wine…Mince Pies, Hot savouries… Look out on the stormy seas from the warmth and cosiness of the hotel.
Teas, coffees are served with freshly baked scones, jam and cream or home baked biscuits.
We request that your purchase the wine for your wedding from the hotel. We have an extensive wine list and if there is a particular wine you require we can source it for you.
Brandy, Baileys or Crème de Menthe are alternatives to the traditional Champagne Toast.
Ideas for the tables
– Table names can be used instead of numbers. Some ideas include your favourite films, music or countries you have visited.
– Favours: Are not obligatory. Many couples do not choose to have them; others make donations to charity in lieu of same.
– We recommend the speeches take place after the meal and we supply the PA system.
– You can be sure that all our guests receive ‘top table’ food and service.
– Atlantic views from every table ensure your guests relax and enjoy their day.